Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Prayer Encouragement: "Family on a Hill!" by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier


Family on a Hill


“You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. 
Matthew 5:14


SkyMoms, you are the light of the world in your town and community. So are your children in their schools and your husbands in their workplaces

WE ARE LIGHTS IN THIS WORLD.

And because of that light in us, there is just no hiding. Because of Christ in us, we are put in places just for the purpose of letting our light shine.

It could be that your child is the only light on a team, in a classroom, on a bus, or at a lunch table.  You could be the only light on a committee, at your place of work, or on your street. Your husband could be the only light in a business meeting, in an office, or on a seat next to someone on an airplane.

Think about how a city on a hill looks as you are driving on a freeway at night.  Or how a city shines brightly below from an airplane up high. It just cannot be hidden unless the entire town had no power/electricity.

We have the power of Christ in us and that power is always available for display in those who profess Him as Lord and Savior.

Let's Pray God's Word:

Dear Father, I come before You today asking that our family would shine bright like a city on a hill for others to be drawn to You.

Where are we dimming down out of fear of rejection or doubt that our light can or would make a difference?

As my children go to school, let someone see Christ on them as they radiate Your love through friendship and faith.

I pray that I would be a light to moms in the many circles I gather because of the commonality of our children's schools, friendships, or teams.  Let the light of Your love shine so brightly in me that other moms would be drawn to You.   Many I know are Christians and know of Your love, but please help me to remember that my light can be encouragement or words of truth that I can speak or minister to their hearts on any given day.

Help my husband to have courage to speak of You or just shine in the way he does business with integrity without even saying a word.

I pray that my family would be like a bright and shining city on a hill that cannot be hidden.

Amen
~Terrie Chevaillier

No comments:

Post a Comment