Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Prayer Encouragement: "Minds Made Up for Excellence!" by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier


Minds Made Up for Excellence!



To these four young men God gave knowledge and understanding of all kinds of literature and learning. And Daniel could understand visions and dreams of all kinds 
Daniel 1:17
Daniel was one of the four men that the King chose to come be a part of training and service to the King. Daniel had a spirit of excellence and purposed in his heart to not defile himself with things that he was being asked to do that did not go along with his morals, values, or way of living. He purposed in his heart that he would trust the Lord and be a man of excellence.
When reading through the first few chapters of the book of Daniel, it is clear that he was a man who feared the Lord more than he feared man.
He made up his mind to have a spirit of excellence in everything he did.
He had moral values that he would not compromise.
He was also a man that was skilled in learning and knowledge and all kinds of things
that attributed to the service he was called to be about.
Let’s Pray God’s Word:
Dear Father, I pray that the children in my home would desire a spirit of excellence.
Show me where I am adding to that learning and where I am taking away.
I know that many times my children learn by what I do and less by what I say.
Do I have a spirit of excellence?
Show me the difference in striving for excellence over perfection.
I pray that our home would be one where Your training ground of knowledge and understanding begins and continues on until they are no longer living in my home.
Show me how You would use me to increase their knowledge in all kinds of literature and learning.  I pray that Your Word, the Holy Bible, would be where we first start and always go back to over and over again before I teach them anything about man’s word.
Cause our home to be one of excellence.  Convict us of any disobedience or apathy to learning and knowledge that would lead to less than Your best for us.
From reading Your word and being trained for moral excellence in our home, would you take that knowledge and cause them to understand all kinds of things as Daniel did?
Thank You Father that we can trust You to guide us and lead us daily.
Amen.
~Terrie Chevaillier

No comments:

Post a Comment