Friday, September 28, 2012

Prayer Encouragement: "Take it to the Lord in Prayer" by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier


Take it to the Lord in Prayer
In those days Hezekiah became ill and was at the point of death. The prophet Isaiah son of Amoz went to him and said, “This is what the Lord says: Put your house in order, because you are going to die; you will not recover.”
2 Hezekiah turned his face to the wall and prayed to the Lord, 3 “Remember, Lord, how I have walked before you faithfully and with wholehearted devotion and have done what is good in your eyes.” And Hezekiah wept bitterly.
Then the word of the Lord came to Isaiah: 5 “Go and tell Hezekiah, ‘this is what the Lord, the God of your father David, says: I have heard your prayer and seen your tears; I will add fifteen years to your life. 6 And I will deliver you and this city from the hand of the king of Assyria. I will defend this city.
Isaiah 38:1-4

I love how these verses point out that Hezekiah took the report from Isaiah the prophet straight to the Lord.  He didn’t take it to someone else and it doesn’t say that he asked Isaiah to repeat it nor did he ask him if he was sure.
Scripture says that Hezekiah turned his face to the wall and prayed to the Lord.
I want to encourage you to take it all to the Lord in prayer.
Take the report card, the doctor’s report, the sales report, or whatever report might be saying or reporting or advising your children or family.
Does it sound like it is from God?  Does it reflect God and His character?
Is it true?  What does it reveal?
Instead of trying to acquire your own perspective or someone else’s perspective on the report…
STOP.
Get on Your knees and take it to the Lord in prayer.
Let’s Pray God’s Word:
Father, so many opinions and reports of progress or lack of progress sometimes just unravel me at the core of my being.
Sometimes it is illness that someone in my family is experiencing.
Sometimes it is a negative report about the economy that threatens to make me or my husband anxious.
Sometimes it is the news that forecasts future job loss or doom and gloom for our country.
Sometimes it is other’s opinions of my child…their progress…their failures….their gifts…or their successes and how those should be stewarded.
When those reports come my way, please draw my heart toward You.
Cause me to plead my case before You.
I want Your mercy and Your grace and Your everlasting kindness to fall on me and all that are in my family.
Thank You Father that I can take these things to You in prayer and be left with Your perspective to give direction, wisdom, hope, and purpose over my own perspective or that of another that could threaten to lead my heart or actions astray.
Amen
~ Terrie Chevaillier

No comments:

Post a Comment