Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Prayer Encouragement: "A Good Busy" by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier


A Good Busy
She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
29 “Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all.”  Proverbs 31: 27-29
We have been looking at Proverbs 31 to 
get a picture of what God’s Word says
about a Godly woman, wife, and mother.
Keeping in mind that there are do overs and much grace…
these passages give us a filter to run through in regards to
how we might be living out in our homes what we profess.
A Godly character…it causes us to become a 
sweet fragrance in our homes and our community.
Let’s pray God’s Word:
Dear Father, thank you that I do not have to go at 
these roles by just guessing what the standard might be.
You have provided a beautiful passage in Your Word that
Encourages me to become all that You have created me to be
and Your Word gives me great insight in my day in and day out living.
Please show me where I am not watching over the affairs of my household.
Am I too distracted by unproductive things or commitments that pull 
my watchful eye away from my home and family.
Help me to see where I am eating the bread of idleness.
Is it time on the computer or in front of the TV
or just not using my time wisely?
It grieves me to think my family might be suffering 
indirectly from my idleness.
Your Word says that when I watch over my household 
with love, diligent work, and caring concern
that my  children
and husband will respond to those things in positive ways.
Thank you that when I am obedient to Your Word
I can expect to see a good response from those in my home.
Even when they do not say anything or notice,
let it be enough that I know You see and will bless my efforts.
Amen
~Terrie Chevaillier

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully said! I am linking to my blog so my readers can benefit from this prayer, as well.

    Shannon at Distracted by Prayer
    www.distractedbyprayer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete