Monday, April 2, 2012

Prayer Encouragement: "Wives of Noble Character" by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier

Wives of Noble Character 
A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
 Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
  She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life. 
Proverbs 31: 10-12
I thought I would take the next few weeks and encourage SkyMoms
with scripture to pray for ourselves and then our husbands or our children’s fathers after that….It’s 
always 
a good thing to pray for the Lord to change us before asking Him to change him…right..??
So, I thought what better verses to pray than straight from the chapter of Proverbs 31.
I would even challenge you to memorize them as we go along.
Before we get started and so we know what we are attaining for when praying….the definition of noble 
is: possessing outstanding qualities.
Let’s Pray:
Dear Lord, thank you for my husband.  It is hard to be a wife of noble character one day much less every 
day.
How can I teach and train my children in Godly character if they see me
as a wife with a less than noble one.  Oh my!
Am I noble in my attitude, respect, honor, or affection towards him?
Am I noble with my words I speak to him or about him?
I could go on.  Lord please show me where I am walking in character that is less 
than your best.
You say that a wife that is noble is hard to find.
In your grace and mercy this week, would you please surround me with 
other women who model nobel character, so I can get a picture of 
just what rare of a gem this looks like.
I want my husband to lack nothing when it comes to his view of me.
Or should I say, I would like for his heart to lack nothing because of what 
I am not doing or am doing.
Show me areas  where he does not feel safe to tell me that he does not have full confidence in me.
Is he confident that when other women are speaking negatively about their men…I am
praising and honoring mine with either silence (not joining in) or words that build him up
and show appreciation for him.
I say that I want to bring him good and not harm.
Show me where I am harming his heart or harming his character because of my actions.
Thank you Lord that it is progress and not perfection.
Thank you that Your grace covers us and allows do overs 
every single day so that with Your help…all the days of his life
he can say that he has a rare find.
Amen
~Terrie Chevaillier

No comments:

Post a Comment