Monday, April 9, 2012

Prayer Encouragement: "SHE….." by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier





SHE…..Selects, Works, Brings, Gets Up, Provides, 
Considers, Plants, Sets About, Sees, Holds, Grasps, Opens Arms, Extends Hands, 
Has No Fear, Makes, Sells, Clothed, and Supplies
Proverbs 31:13-24
13 She selects wool and flax
and works with eager hands.
14 She is like the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar.
15 She gets up while it is still night;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her female servants.
16 She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
17 She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.
18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
and her lamp does not go out at night.
19 In her hand she holds the distaff
and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
20 She opens her arms to the poor
and extends her hands to the needy.
21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
22 She makes coverings for her bed;
she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,
where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
and supplies the merchants with sashes.
My intent this month is to encourage us to pray and seek the Lord
in the areas where He desires to change us and grow us
so we can be equipped and strengthened to become SkyMoms
who love God, our children, husbands, and others well.
The Godly woman in Proverbs 31 is a model of 
all that embodies a woman of character as written 
in God’s Word.  
With His Word as our standard, we pray that 
Word as we seek to be moms that love well.
Our husbands AND our children benefit from our character.
I would encourage you to ask the Lord to shine light on at least 
one area of character where He would like for you to open your heart
and receive His help to become all that He has for you in that area.
Let’s pray God’s Word:
Dear Father, thank You for your mercy and grace and do overs.
I come to You today with a willing heart for change.  
I cast off doubtful thinking that to become any of this is impossible.
Instead, by faith in Your power working in me, 
I ask You to show me where You want to help me in the 
season of life I am in right now.
I understand this is a sanctification process and that I am to 
be ever changing and conforming to Your glory.
In all the SHE…which is ME…is called to do or be in these verses,
equip me to become this woman,
not by my power, or my strength, or my try harder, do better way,
but by YOUR SPIRIT.
Thank you that as You do this work in me, 
My husband, my children, and others
will sense and know that the hands of feet of
Jesus are near them in me and the way I love and serve.
Amen.
~Terrie Chevaillier

No comments:

Post a Comment