Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Prayer Encouragement: "SkyMoms Laugh at the Days to Come!" by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier

SkyMoms Laugh at the Days to Come!
Proverbs 31:25
She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.




I absolutely LOVE this verse.
It is one that I can go to and immediately know if I am
operating in faith or fear.
Let’s pray God’s Word.
Dear Father, I deeply desire to be a woman of faith.
However, some days, my shield of faith is 
somewhat lopsided and not firmly fitted and in place and I am left exposed 
to the fiery darts of the enemy.  I allow
fear for the future of my children to reign in my heart over faith.
When this happens, it is MISERABLE.
On those days, I am clothed in despair, hopelessness, worry, anxiety, fret,
frustration, and just plain crazy thinking.
My desire is that even when the enemy is firing darts right and left,
that because of my faith in Your ability to work in ALL situations, 
I get to wear the clothes of strength and dignity.
The clothes of doubt, worry, and fear are just not attractive on me at all,
and I desire to throw them out of my closet as options to not
be worn again….period.  Gone.  Not even a choice for the day!
Instead, I want to wear laughter and a merry heart 
that looks at the future with a smile, and a confident trust.
I know that when I choose these garments, the atmosphere my home will be different because of what I am wearing.
Our drive to school will be different, my work will be different and so will my friendships and service.
Because, I will be a woman wearing faith and not fear!
Help me to put it on and not take it off as I laugh at the days to come!
Amen.

~Terrie Chevaillier

No comments:

Post a Comment