Monday, August 6, 2012

Prayer Encouragement: "Looking Inward" by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier


Looking Inward

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height,
 for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward 
appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7



I thought this verse could be included in my last post on why my kids LOVE Sky Ranch.
It was the unconditional love that I shared was so profound in their experiences.
When you go to Sky Ranch, you do get the feeling that you are 
loved regardless of what is on the outside without a doubt!
So, I thought I would encourage Sky Moms to continue to spread the love by
 praying that we would look at our children’s hearts over the outward performance or appearance and model that first.  Second, that we would teach them to look at other’s hearts over outward appearance, and third that they would have a deep understanding of how the Lord sees them.  Accepted….not rejected.

Let’s Pray God’s Word
Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for Your word that guides us in how to love others.
Please help me to be a mom that loves my children unconditionally.  Convict me where I am basing my love on their perfection or performance.
If I have done this and they do not feel unconditionally loved in our home, please lead me to repent and seek forgiveness.
Especially as this new school year starts, help me to teach them what it means to love others well.
The grid that the world is showing them is so opposed to what You look at and accept.
Help me be equipped to teach them those things that are inward qualities in a person…..love, joy.
peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self control.
I pray that I would know Your word so that I can teach them what is Your good and pleasing and acceptable will.
Please let the love that is shown in our home, deepen their knowledge of just how much You love them.  Show us as their earthly mothers and fathers
How You would have us love, so that Your love would be on display
And that they would know without a doubt that they are accepted and not rejected.
Amen
~Terrie Chevaillier

No comments:

Post a Comment