Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Prayer Encouragement: "SkyMoms in the Morning" by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier


SkyMoms in the Morning


In the morning Lord, You hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before You
and wait expectantly. Psalm 5:3

As the school year approaches and new routines are made and old ones are reinstated, let's make it our desire to meet with the Lord in the mornings. As we see in His Word, meeting with Him in the mornings is His will and desire for us as followers of Christ....dependent on Him for the day. 

Never do we want to be legalistic and think that we can only have this time in the mornings.  However, when we have this discipline of prayer in the mornings, we then get the joy and pleasure of positioning our hearts for the day that is before us to wait expectantly on the things He has shown us in our prayer time.

Let's pray God's Word asking Him to guide us to pray in the mornings for our children.

Dear Father, in the morning You hear my voice.  Thank you that You tell me that You hear me.  Let this sink deep in my heart causing me to come before You with all of the concerns and praises that I have regarding my children.

YOU HEAR ME!  

I can request of You on behalf of my children.....Praise God.  Thank You Father for I desire utter dependence upon You over myself, my child's school, my friends, or other sources.  You alone have the answers to my requests and every single one of the answers is found in You.

So many days have been exhausted in my head and heart as I failed to lay the requests down in the morning.

Wake us up Lord....help us to trust you with one hour less of sleep knowing that You will bless our day with energy and strength because we desired meeting with you more than we loved sleep.

Amen
~Terrie Chevaillier

No comments:

Post a Comment