Thursday, August 2, 2012

Teach Intentionally..."Family Time…The results of grace", with Stacy A. Davis ~ Bible Teacher and Sky Ranch Board Member


Family Time…The results of grace





This is the final monthly topic in the Sky Ranch Family Devotional: Open your eyes and it is on” God shows us grace” and this week the focus is on “the results of God’s grace to you”. God’s grace was shown to you when He provided a way through Jesus of forgiving your sin and changing you to be more like Him. God causes revival and enlightenment according to Ezra 9:8 and these are some of the riches that God is referring to in Ephesians 2:7. In Ephesians, God expands and tells you that there are more benefits that just enlightening you, His grace allows you to have a relationship or friendship with Him. God, as a loving Father, is by far the best friend that you could ever have. Throughout scripture, He promises to lead you in the right direction, encourage you, love you, never abandon you, save you, challenge you, counsel you and much more.
As a Mom, I think the best way to explain my relationship with God was to be transparent. I did not pretend to have my life all figured out to my kids. In our family time discussions, I would be honest and let my family know that I did not always know the right direction to go. I had questions. During our prayer time, I would role-model the relationship with God by asking for God’s direction and then later sharing when I understood God’s answer to my question. I explained to my kids that life is a journey and even though, I definitely do not know ahead of time the direction that I am to go, God does.  I have learned to rely on God and because of the trusting relationship with Him; I know He will direct me the right way. This direction for my life is some of the daily grace that He shows me.
This week in your family time, I would encourage you to prepare by praying for your family and asking God to help your family see the evidence of His grace in your lives. Explain God’s grace of providing a way to be forgiven by believing Jesus. God did not have to provide a solution for our sin problem, He chose to do it and you can expand on that thought. Also, spend time discussing the favor of God. What is God’s favor? What does God’s favor look like in your family? Some family members may question God’s grace and favor (kindness) in their lives. If so, be sensitive to that and spend some time alone with them encouraging them to see the good of God in their life. As a group make sure to thank God for all the blessing and kindness that you see!
Do you have questions or need prayer for your family? Email me at SkyMoms@skyranch.org.
I will be praying for you! 
Stacy
Stacy A. Davis
Teach Intentionally
This week we are in the 12th   Month Topic and  1st  Family Time (or page  101) of the Sky Ranch Devotional “Open Your Eyes”…
Family Time 1:
Month 12 Topic:  God shows us grace…Results of grace
Talk with God: Read…Ephesians 2:7, Ezra 9:8
~ Ephesians 2:7  In order that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
  • In Eph 2:7, what does God want to show us?
~ Ezra 9:8  But now for a brief moment grace has been shown from the Lord our God, to leave us an escaped remnant and to give us a peg in His holy place, that our God may enlighten our eyes and grant us a little reviving in our bondage.
  • In Ezra 9:8, what do we receive from God for a brief moment?
  • In Ezra 9:8, what does God do as a result of His grace?
Walk with God: Discuss… God’s love not only saves us but His love enables Him to show us grace on a daily basis.  In the Ezra verse, His grace resulted in enlightenment and revival.  What has your family discovered as a result of God’s grace?
Prayer suggestion… God, thank You for Your grace on a daily basis.  You are kind, Lord, and You have given us a place at Your table.  We are thankful.
Family Time 1: 
Month 12 Topic: God shows us grace
Leader Answers:
  • Riches of His grace
  • Grace
  • Enlightens our eyes and grants us revival in bondage
  • Discussion ideas:  God’s grace is for more than salvation. Grace is merciful kindness, God’s favor (blueletterbible.org).  Discuss how God is blessing your family in other ways.
© 2011 Lisa Clark and Stacy A. Davis, Inc. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment