Monday, August 20, 2012

Tori's SkyMoms Tips...."Make the MOST of Each Precious Moment"


I have so loved this summer with my girls (ages 16 and 14) and I cherish the time we got to really spend together as family.  The start of this school year means both girls will be in High School which in turn means our time together will be less with school work, cheerleading, and new church leadership responsibilities and I will no longer enjoy the special morning routine of taking the girls to school as our 16 year old is driving to school for the first time and her younger sister is thrilled that they can ride together.

When will I get to spend time with them???  

Then the Lord sent me right to this verse....
"These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." Deuteronomy 6:6-7 (NIV)

Even though we will be so busy and time seems short. I need to make the most of the precious moments I have as a mom and continue to share God's biblical truth with them anytime I can.

God's Word gives the answer: weave His truths into everyday life when sitting, walking, laying down and getting up. Any moment can become a teachable moment...I just need to be intentional this year with our more limited time and realize the importance of me entering into their busy schedules.

How do I plan to do that?:

We will have to make purposeful one on one dates with each other where we can share what God is doing in each of our lives.  This undivided attention to hear about their day, opens a door to talk about mine.

We will have to plan and set aside a night or two that is JUST FAMILY night each week. Where we can all communicate and share what is going on in each of our lives and how we have seen God at work among our busyness. 

We will continue our morning routine of all of us sitting a the breakfast table and completing our own daily devotional books together. This time is precious as we each share prayer request and praises each day.

We will host this year a weekly bible study in our home where we will get the joy of watching our daughter interact with her peers while learning about Jesus' crazy love for them, as well as being in touch with the ins and outs of teen life. :)

"Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." God's wisdom is so perfect for us when it comes to investing His truth into our kid's lives. When sharing God's Word with our family, let's capture the everyday moments and look for creative ways to make each one a teachable one.

Dear Lord, open my eyes to see opportunities that are right before me each day to share Your truth. I want this overflow to become a natural part of my life. 
In Jesus' Name, 
Amen.

~Tori Miller
Sky Ranch SkyMom Ministry Director

No comments:

Post a Comment